Kapricious Thoughts are now on Twitter

Scroll to the bottom of the page to interact with my Twitter feed. You can also listen to my "Long Distance Voyager" playlist from Playlist.com.

Monday, September 19, 2011

The Old Toy Chest

I've begun a new series of articles at my movie blog, the Rant Pad, part of the Incidental Dog production network I began with my friends a little over a year ago. The series is called "The Old Toy Chest." Here's the intro: You can read my first two entries in the series at the following links:

The Old Toy Chest: In this series I will be reviewing movies I loved when I was a kid but have not watched since childhood–sort of like digging out my old toys that I haven’t played with in a while. (Unburying them, so to speak, in keeping with prevailing themes on this site.) These movies are generally from the late 70s, 80s, and early 90s, and they generally will be films with which current audiences (i.e., current kids) are not familiar. In other words, for the purposes of this series, I will mainly be looking at films that have not endured the way other films of the era (like Back to the Future or The Goonies or The Little Mermaid) have endured as popular favorites. (I do, however, hope many of you will remember these films with fondness from your own childhoods.) I will be judging them through both the nostalgic eyes of the child within and the lens of the mature *snicker* film critic into which I’ve grown.
You can read my first two entries in the series at the following links:

Harry and the Hendersonshttp://www.incidentaldog.com/rantpad/?p=573

Captain EOhttp://www.incidentaldog.com/rantpad/?p=625

Then, check out the rest of the site! There are over a hundred articles to read at the Rant Pad and more than 60 video podcasts, plus some other goodies. Enjoy.

-Tom

No comments: